Thursday, February 25, 2010

I haven't posted anything in so long I forgot how and my password. My daily life is so full of other's realities.. I feel like I channel surf through daily life rather than tv. I truly am rich with "friends" and acquaintances who have enriched my path for inspiration and turmoil.

In the last few years there have been too many losses from too much suffering. On my personal side: Jim Love, Tim McGlashen, Robert Carney, Rich Morgan, Bryan Landry. My friend Rich in Tucson AZ. passed a few weeks ago and the celebration and send off is on Monday due to the fact he was in production for show biz.. built sets for Tucson opera and worked on films. Monday is a dark day..they don't work but it will also be dark cause we no longer have Rich around. In July he took a serious turn to discover he had cancer that had progressed into his pancreas unknowingly, went into immediate treatment which extended his life by possibly 5 months. Molly said she thinks he did it for the kids, never complained and that a life time of bonding took place..The local community radio station KXCI is taking an hr Morgan's fav. music, Houston's Lightnin' Hopkins, Townes Van Zandt and such... People have been donating to KXCI in his honor, and when a friend of his family tried to "buy" an hour--they offered to do it gratis. His grown kids, Lily and Clay and his wife Molly, submitted the play list--it could've gone on for hours..It can be streamed..2pm-3pm west coast time. He was a good friend to many and a good guy. Toodles Rich. I tip my cowgirl hat off to ya. You saved my rear many a few times. Thanks mucho amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment